WE ARE HIRING!
We are always looking for new talent at Winright Law!
Feel free to drop by our office in the Cambie and Broadway area, where we will be more than happy to show you a new type of working environment for lawyers: one focused on an open concept and collaboration with team members.
We are half brick-and-mortar, and half virtual office.
We have never wanted any of our team members to be limited to physical confines while working, so despite our office, we also try to offer our potential hires virtual office solutions.
Whether you want to work from home or at our office, our firm makes sure that you are provided the support you need, with mentorship, defined operational systems, as well as the latest technology needed, to make your life as a working lawyer as easy as possible.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you’re the right fit for us!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking to build our law firm on a versatile and innovative team that continue to help us to think differently about how our law firm can improve and provide a better experience to our clients.
At Winright Law, we aren’t just looking for the right fit for our law firm, but we are looking to be the right fit for our employees. As such, we hope that our employees will live by certain core values that our law firm does:
- Innovate, Always.
- Dream big.
- Find humour always, including in yourself.
- Family is everything.
- Think Outside. The. Box.
- Pursue growth.
- Be good to people and they’ll be good to you.
- Know your clients. Serve them completely.
At Winright Law, we hope to not just be a job for our employees, but a career that will help them grow personally and lead to a life that is more fulfilling.
Winright Law is expanding! At Winright Law, you will join a great, open-minded culture with a fast-paced, passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide the highest possible level of service to our clients.
Our core practice areas are real estate, business law, and wills, estates and wealth preservation. Our clients range from small to medium businesses, professionals, entrepreneurs/investors, as well as family households.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work where and when you want, whether it be from home, the office, or while on vacation. Come into the office if you want to bounce ideas off other lawyers, need guidance, or need support staff to give you a hand.
You’ll have the independence of running your own practice and the flexibility of working on the cloud. In addition, you will also have the marketing, and administrative support staff needed to maintain a certain standard level of customer service for your clients.
As result of our innovative business practices, Zappos-like culture, and vibrant work environment, we are confident that we can provide lawyers looking to practice law differently and innovatively, with the support needed to balance the advancement of your legal career with your personal life. Being a lawyer is tough enough; where you work doesn’t need to be.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for mid to senior level lawyers 3+ years called to the bar, who are interested in starting or bringing their existing practice to Winright Law and would like to practice in a “new law” environment.
Other requirements are:
- Enthusiastic and hardworking: we work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and versatile: willing to try different practice areas or help out in areas they may not always have been accustomed to
- Tech-savvy with sense of entrepreneurism: while embracing technology, we hope for our lawyers to not build just a practice, but a business also
- Value culture: building a great work-place culture is something that we really push for at all times
- Customer-service oriented: the customer experience is held at the top of the pyramid of what we hope to give to clients; everything else is secondary
- Efficient: we consistently try to build new systems and workflow processes so that we can be more efficient
- Bonus: a sense of humor, because life shouldn’t be taken so seriously.
COME WORK WITH US, NOT FOR US!
We look forward to finding the right fit to Winright Law. If you believe you may be the right fit, please email your resume with references and a cover letter or writing sample to email@example.com. Your application will be held in confidence. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Winright Law is looking for a part-time bookkeeper to join its growing law firm.
Winright Law is a law firm that aims to be the leader of innovative practices in the legal industry, by consistently providing better legal services to our clients and a better work environment for our employees. Our mission is to always be innovatively results-oriented, persistently client-oriented and to come up with win-win situations for not only our clients and our law firm, but also our staff. It is our aspiration to build a workplace culture that can be paralleled to Zappos or Google eventually. As such, our staff, our work environment and our culture matter a great deal to us. Accordingly, we try our best to not only invest in our work infrastructure but also our staff that we have built this office for. As such, culture is of utmost importance to us and that’s why it is very important to us to find the right fit for our culture.
What we are looking for is a candidate that:
- Has accounting education, background and/or experience;
- Can assist with postings, AP/AR, filing;
- Has experience working with accounting software, like PC Law (preferred but not required);
- Is tech-savvy;
- Is passionate and wants to grow with our law firm, long-term, and work in a vibrant fast-paced environment with great team culture; and
- Has a resume with references, a cover letter or writing sample, and a Linkedin profile (if applicable).
We are a small, but growing team, of lawyers, legal assistants, marketing and tech support staff, and we expect to grow double in size by next year. If you join Winright Law, you will become part of this culture and part of a fast-paced, passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice. We are committed to providing you with every opportunity to learn, grow and stretch to the highest level of your ability and potential
We look forward to finding the right fit to Winright Law.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be held in confidence. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Winright Law has rapidly expanded and is looking for an experienced full-time senior conveyancer to lead our growing real estate transaction department. The potential candidate strives in a fast-paced environment, is able to handle a high volume of files at the same time on his/her own, and able to lead the conveyancing team and processes.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to grow into leading a rapidly expanding real estate team. Dependent on your ability to lead the real estate department, we will compensate you accordingly from starting at competitive market rates to more than above average.
This position is required no later than mid September, 2017 and ask all those who are interested to apply as soon as possible.
Experience in conveyancing would be essential and required, as well as:
- An excellent grasp of the English language;
- An ability to communicate in a second language (Mandarin would be an asset);
- A minimum of 5+ years of conveyancing, working on your own files;
- Experience with completing private mortgages;
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with social media, Microsoft Office and Google products;
- Great organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of conveyancing software and various conveyancing programs;
- A desire to work in a fast-paced office and willingness to help out where needed; and
- Enthusiasm to learn, is personable, and hardworking.
As a conveyancer, you will be one of the main points of contact for clients, real estate agents, banks, mortgage brokers, and notaries or lawyers inquiring about our conveyancing services and you will be responsible for:
- Responding and communicating with all conveyancing inquiries on a timely basis;
- Answering telephone calls and following-up on conveyancing documentations, including client intake forms;
- Taking, replying and following-up of all conveyancing related messages;
- Preparing, drafting and helping manage various conveyancing documents;
- Preparing conveyancing correspondence and documents, as required;
- Obtaining, sorting, filing and verifying documents for completion;
- Scheduling conveyancing appointments and maintaining the shared calendars of the team;
- Tidying and maintaining the professional appearance of your workspace;
- Managing both electronic and physical conveyancing client files;
- Effectively communicating conveyancing file progress and stages to the team; and
- Dealing and closing final reporting requirements/documents.
Winright Law focuses on both business and real estate law. We aim to be a leader of innovative practices in the legal industry, by consistently providing better legal services to our clients and a better work environment for our employees. It is our aspiration to build a workplace culture that can be paralleled to Zappos or Google eventually. As such, our staff, our work environment and our culture matter a great deal to us. Accordingly, we try our best to not only invest in our work infrastructure but also our staff that we have built our office for. We want to ensure you are happy working with us, so at Winright Law, we hope to not just be a job for you, but a career that will help you grow personally and lead you to a life that is more fulfilling. If you join Winright Law, you will become part of this culture and part of a fast-paced, passionate and dedicated team that works together to provide our clients with the highest possible level of service and advice.
We look forward to finding the right fit to our law firm.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your application will be held in confidence. We thank all who apply, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.